Archives For Diane Ravitch
Facing an arbitrary 12/21/12 deadline imposed by Chancellor Walcott, a growing wave of bloggers have begun speaking out against any teacher evaluation scheme that harms teachers and ignores our voices in coming to an agreement. There is increasing concern that Unity will succumb to pressure and agree to a system without coming to terms on a new contract. MORE’s position is that there needs to be a membership-wide referendum before any such agreement is reached. Read what education experts and your peers have been saying online. If you agree, sign the petition at http://morecaucusnyc.org/sign-the-petition/.
- Respected education historian Diane Ravitch warns of the pitfalls of using test scores in evaluations and the mayor’s push to publish these scores in order to shame teachers.
- The DOEnuts blog discusses three things you should know about the APPR and how they will change your professional life forever.
- Blogger Accountable Talk fears a sellout after a conversation with a Unity higher-up.
- NYC Educator warns of signing an agreement that is being so aggressively pushed by astroturf “reform” groups and billionaires.
- Blogger Chaz urges the UFT not to agree to any evaluation system without a new contract that gives teachers the same 8% raise given to other unions.
If you agree, sign the petition online and join the growing wave of opposition to an evaluation system that devalues teachers!